Crust Ingredients: (makes 2)
2 cups warm water
2 packages of yeast (or 4 1/2 teaspoons from jar)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon honey
5 to 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
sauce (I had bottled spaghetti sauce on hand, it was fine)
mozzarella cheese, grated
green bell pepper, sliced
black olives, sliced
green olives, sliced
Italian sausage, removed from casings and browned
cherry tomatoes, halved
- Add water, yeast, and sugar to a bowl. Stir and let proof for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, honey, and about 2.5 cups of flour. Mix by hand.
- Add remaining flour a half cup at a time until it doesn't feel 'sticky'
- Knead a few times
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel, and let rise at least 30 minutes, the longer the better
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Pat dough out to fit pizza pan or cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings, then bake at 475° for 15 minutes
My notes: Any combination of toppings can be used. These were what I had in the fridge today, and it turned out so delicious. I forgot to pre-bake the crust, and it still turned out fine and cooked through.