Kasey made Zuppa Toscana for Sunday family supper a month or so ago. We all liked it, and Jared, noting the similarities to our favorite Dublin Coddle, asked if it was Tuscan Coddle, so that's how I think of it now. Kasey texted me the link to the recipe found at 40 Aprons. Their version is Full 30 compliant.
The original recipe calls for link sausage sliced in rounds, but I had ground italian sausage which I needed to use. In fact I made several additions/substitutions based on what we had on hand and/or needed to be used up. My added/substituted ingredients are marked by an " * " below.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound Italian ground sausage*
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound new red potatoes, halved or quartered to bite size*
- 6 corn on the cob mini ears cut into 2 or 3 rounds*
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt, pepper, garlic powder* to taste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups milk*
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- handfuls of fresh baby spinach*