Thursday, September 25, 2008

Easy Enchilada Casserole


I believe this recipe originally came from recipes.com. I don't know the author.
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 (15 oz) can ranch-style beans
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 (12 oz) package corn tortillas
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350.

- Brown ground beef. Add chili powder, beans, tomatoes and soup; mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Line 13"x9" dish with tortillas. Then make a layer with the meat mixture. Layer some cheese on top of that. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
my note: This is the lazy girls' enchiladas. Incredibly quick and easy. I've spent way more time and effort trying to make traditional enchiladas, and been unhappy with the result every time. I'll never bother again, because this is IT!

No comments: