Friday, May 5, 2017

Cornbread Salad...


Ingredients:
2 6-ounce packages corn bread mix
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup chopped green onions (bulbs and stems)
¼ cup chopped green pepper (optional)
1 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste

Directions:
Bake cornbread as directed and let cool.  When cool, crumble in bowl.  Add eggs, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, bacon, and mayonnaise to the cornbread (reserving very small amount of tomatoes, green onions, and crumbled bacon to garnish top if desired).  Stir to combine well.  Chill until ready to serve.  Serves 8

My note:  I don't make this often (probably because I think of it as a summer salad, and I usually only bake cornbread in the cooler months), but if I find myself with leftover cornbread in the spring or summer, it makes a great side.

No comments: